Friday, August 13, 2010

My Cutie Tessa

Tessa and I have been keeping ourselves very busy this week. Yesterday we went to our monthly picnic in La Jolla with our moms group. It was a pretty cold day, so I took a quick picture of Tessa in her cute summer outfit, then wrapped her in a blanket for almost the rest of the day!

Last night, Bethany came down and she and I took Tessa to Balboa Park to watch the City Ballet perform at the Twilight in the Park Summer Concert Series. It was a nice evening out for the three of us, but it got pretty chilly, so I put Tessa in her adorable jacket that Julia and Joe gave her. Doesn’t she look like a little snow bunny! I can’t wait for the summer concert series next summer, when Tessa can move around to the music and enjoy herself a little more!

This morning, Tessa and I went to our Mommy and Me workout. We switched from yoga to a full-on workout session now. I love it! Here's the obligatory group shot of all the babies! Tessa wasn't too happy because she had just been dozing off when I put her down for the pic! Are you all starting to recognize some of our baby friends by now?!

Finally, Tessa and I have been playing peek-a-boo with her security blanket, with the hope that she’ll make a connection with it and be comforted at night when she wakes up and I am not with her. Anyway, she LOVES peek-a-boo and laughs every time we play.

This morning, she was in her swing and I was in the rocker reading, when I heard her laughing. I looked over, and she was playing peek-a-boo with the mobile that hangs above her swing! She looked so adorable, holding the blanket over her face, then pulling it away and laughing at the little bugs that hang from her mobile! I tried to get a video of her, but as soon as I got out the camera, she wouldn't play anymore. I’ll have to learn how to be more stealth with the camera so I can get some candid shots and videos of my sweet baby T! Here's the video I ended up with. I'm mostly posting it for Grammie and Naunie to get a short peek of their sweet little granddaughter and hear her little squeal of joy!

We call peek-a-boo "Where's the Baby?" or "Where's Mommy?" or "Where's Tessa?"

We've got a really busy week ahead, packed with activities with our moms group, plus a visit from Sarah and the boys! Yea!

* We're also expecting a very special arrival any day now... Tessa's cousin was due last Monday, but is taking his time making his debut. We're all anxiously awaiting this next little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment