Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Life Well Lived


Today was a very special day. We celebrated the extraordinary life of Brandon Pentz. There was an estimated total of around 1,500 to 2,000 people gathered together to mourn the loss of and celebrate the life of Brandon with the Pentz family. I keep writing and rewriting this post, as I don’t know how to put this whole experience into words. I think I’ll just share my favorite moment of the service. Brandon’s Uncle Vic was one of the speakers, and he talked about the family. He said that Brandon would have been the last man in the Pentz family to pass down the family name. Uncle Vic said that once God created the best version of the Pentz man, He retired their jersey. I thought that was a really nice way to think about Brandon.

Please pray for the Pentz family as they grieve. Here is a link to Brandon’s obituary in the Press Enterprise. I think it is a nice snapshot of Brandon’s life. I wish you all had the opportunity to know this amazing, loving person. Just know that this world is a better place because of Brandon. He is greatly loved and will be terribly missed.

1 comment: