Saturday, October 30, 2010

What I'm Making Today/Baby Loves Disco

So, those of you who have known me for a long time are probably amazed at all the stuff I've been making lately. I've never been the crafty type, but the SAHM bug has bit me, and I love spending my evenings, once Tessa is in bed, looking up new tutorials and giving them a shot! Tonight I decided to make something for myself! One of the blogs I love, Samster Mommy, has some really great tutorials. She has an entire section of Naptime Crafts which are supposed to be doable during naptime. This necklace is one of her tutorials I tried out tonight!

I also started this pumpkin hairclip for Tessa for our Halloween party tomorrow, but my glue gun isn't heating up, so I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

In other news, Tessa and I went to Baby Loves Disco last night! We had so much fun dancing and spending time with friends! My mom made my silver go-go dress, and I made Tessa's dress and headband. Now, I haven't sewn anything (other than those baby legs I made a few weeks ago) since I was about 11 or 12 years old, so this dress was an adventure. I didn't do a fabulous job, but it definitely got me wanting to sew more! We'll see...
Here is a photo collage from Baby Loves Disco. Tessa and I are in our matching outfits! Next is a picture showing off Tessa's cute pants I got at Target on clearance. The bottom row is Yoshiko and her daughter, Robin; Marilyn, Majid, and their daughter, Mina. I wish you could see Mina's face! She is the cutest baby, second to Tessa, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment