Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tessa's First Dolly



About 5 months ago I started hand sewing a dolly for Tessa. I finished both arms and most of one leg. Then I took a long break from it. I finally finished the dolly last night. Now that I am borrowing my mom's sewing machine, it went much faster! The head is a little misshapen. I am not good at sewing anything other than a straight line (and I'm not too good at that, either!). It's not great, but I love it, and I hope Tessa will love it as well. I gave her blue eyes and black hair to match Tessa's.

I introduced the doll to Tessa this morning, and she really liked playing with the hair. She kept staring at the face, and then pushing the doll away. I don't think she knows what to think of it quite yet. After all, it has a face, head, and body only a mother could love!

No comments:

Post a Comment