Monday, June 2, 2008

Rock 'n Roll!


I did it! The BIG DADDY!! I completed my first marathon! Whoo hoo! It only took me 6 hours and 4 minutes (if you subtract the time I spent in line for the bathrooms)! I am really sore and can't climb up and down the stairs yet, but I DID IT!!

Ryan accidentally shot a video instead of taking a picture, so you'll see me running and then you'll see his shoes as he runs alongside me for a few steps! My shirt is so cute, I wish you could see it. It says "26.2 miles and still smiling!"


Here is a link for a video of me crossing the finish line from NBC. I crossed at the same time as the blind guy in the red shirt, so look to his left and you'll see me! The clock time was 6:34:49.
http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=257858

What a great experience! I recommend this marathon to anyone. It is a great course for first timers because it is relatively flat and the course is very scenic almost the whole time. Also, there were 26 bands playing along the way, so there was very little quiet time on the course. Another thing I loved was that they personalized our bibs. It was so encouraging to hear spectators shout out "Go Krista!" "You can do it, Krista!" "Krista's going 26.2 miles and still smiling!"
This was one of those events of a lifetime. Anyone want to join me May 31, 2009?

3 comments: